Saturday, April 16, 2016

Dhafer's - Dexter, MO

Date of dining experience: April 14, 2015 (I apologize to those of you who care that this post and the previous one about River Ridge Winery are out of order.)

Place: Dhafer's Mediterranean Steakhouse

Location: 117 S. Locust St. in Dexter, MO

I have already written two posts about Dhafer's that included four different visits, so I was going to skip writing this post (which is why it is out of order with River Ridge). I even ate here back in February and on April 7, 2016, but didn't write about them because both times I had the always-great tuna, which I have already written about twice.

I realized I have mentioned multiple times that Dhafer's has the absolute best seabass, but I haven't eaten it and written about it since I started this blog! So...

Bread: hot and fresh, as usual.

Salad: I have really taken a liking to the strawberry orange salad with a mixture of two of the dressings, raspberry vinaigrette and poppy seed.

Entree: SEABASS! I don't know exactly what he does that makes this taste so amazing, but Dhafer really knows how to prepare seabass! Maybe it's the garlic, I don't know. Add in some of the ever-tasty green beans and roasted red potatoes - wow. Every time I leave the restaurant I start looking forward to my next visit.

Wine: White Merlot with the salad and Chardonnay with the entree. Both very good, and both appropriate pairings for their respective dishes.

Coffee: always fresh and perfectly drinkable black or "fixed up" (if you do that kind of thing).

Dessert: The strawberry cheesecake is pretty good, but if creme brulee happens to be an option - GET IT!

I still believe Dhafer's is the best restaurant in the area. If you haven't tried it yet, you are really doing yourself a disservice. Hopefully they have seabass when you visit so you can taste exactly what I'm talking about. It's not on the regular menu, so be sure to check the specials when you visit.

Try this place (and the seabass) and let me know what you think! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment