Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Breakaway Cafe - St. Louis, MO

Date of dining experience: June 16, 2015

Place: Breakaway Cafe

Location: 8418 Natural Bridge Rd. in St. Louis, MO

This was probably my simplest meal ever. I usually have water with my coffee, beer, and/or wine, but this time all I had to drink was water! :-)

Lunch: Chicken Parmesan Sandwich ($8) - broiled white meat chicken dipped in marinara sauce and topped with provel cheese, served on a toasted bun with choice of french fries, cole slaw, pasta salad, or cottage cheese (I chose french fries). This was absolutely delicious. It was a very nice sandwich version of the dinner plate everyone loves. The french fries were also perfect, not too soggy or overcooked. If you order this, just be careful! It can be a little messy. You will definitely need multiple napkins and don't forget to lean over your plate to save your shirt some embarrassment the rest of the day. :-)

The restaurant was packed, so service was a little slow, but still tolerable. I highly recommend Breakaway Cafe if you are in need of a quick lunch and are in the UMSL area.

Try it out and let me know what you think! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment