Thursday, July 9, 2015

Olympia - St. Louis, MO

Date of dining experience: June 20, 2015

Place: Olympia Kebob House & Taverna (Greek)

Location: 1543 McCausland Ave. in St. Louis, MO

Salad: Greek ($5 small) - Crisp lettuce tossed with tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, and onions, topped with Greek olives, feta cheese, and house-made Greek dressing. I would have to say this is probably the best Greek salad I've ever eaten. The house-made Greek dressing is absolutely perfect.

Entree: Deluxe Gyro ($9.50) - A mixture of lean ground beef and lamb, vertically boiled on a rotisserie, thinly sliced and served on pita bread with onions, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce. A gyro is always a good choice an any restaurant that offers one.

Beer: Mythos (from Greece). This beer is light and crisp. It is similar to a Heineken, but with a better flavor. It was the perfect starter beverage for a hot day!

Wine: Santorini (from Greece). This dry white wine is also very light. It complimented the flavors of both the salad and gyro very well.

I have said this in a previous post, but this is my favorite place if I'm in the mood for Greek food. No other Greek restaurant that I've been to can compare to the quality of Olympia. The server was great and the atmosphere is always nice. On this particular visit I sat outside on the patio. It was a hot day with a light breeze; perfect for outdoor dining.

My favorite dish at Olympia is probably the Dolmades, so I highly recommend that someone at your table order this so you can try it!

Try this place out for yourself and let me know what you think! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment